Being a father is a big deal. It means not only am I someone’s authority figure, but I am also automatically a role model. This is a scary amount of responsibility. Sometimes a DadVenture also means just escaping family responsibility and reliving those glory days.
This page is dedicated to the solo adventures of being a Dad and those that involve just being in a fatherly role regardless of gender or orientation. It is an important part of maintaining a relationship to have time to be an individual and explore that autonomous nature. The stories contained in this respect involve my role as a father, and my role as an individual.
Teaching kids how to fix things and build from scratch is a major part of being a dad. The concept of “consumerism” is only limited by our imagination. I like to encourage my kids to use their imagination to develop their styles. Being “different” is a good thing.
Sometimes things don’t go as planned. A major lesson in DadVentures is rolling with the punches. Own your failures and use them for educating others on what to avoid.
Just because it is controversial doesn’t mean it isn’t fun. Don’t let others tell you how to have fun. Make up your own mind, and learn how to do everything safely. Don’t let “fear” dictate your life.
- The Butterfly EffectThe air was hot and humid. Another balmy spring day in a coastal community being plagued by the alleged global warming debacle. The kids were mesmerized by the annual transition … Read more
- Injury and Recovery: Second ChancesI’m going to admit that I have been sand bagging this one for a while. Seeing as how my son has returned to baseline from a catastrophic parenting failure, him … Read more
- The Whiskey Club: Balcones and AberlourThe recent addition of a membership to the whiskey club, Flaviar, has been an interesting journey. Most people opt for a wine club but I wanted to try something different. … Read more
- Computer Builds: Planning for FailureTrying to spec out a new computer can be a difficult hurdle for the average person. Even if you are a well seasoned tech expert it can be a monotonous … Read more
- Computers for Kids (Time to get Nerdy)There are moments in life that are difficult to define the importance of. The last few decades we, as a society, have advanced exponentially. The strides we made in technology … Read more
- DJI FPV Drone ReviewThe Basics of What you NEED TO KNOW Drone flight is a great way to get exposure to aviation at its core. However, it can be intimidating and seem marginally … Read more
- Learning to Ride BikesIn a response to overwhelming requests for some video blogs, here is our first effort. We centered our focus on how we taught our kids to ride bikes. Watching them … Read more
- Drone LifeMy son and I have been playing with small drones for over a year now. He has shown an affinity for anything remote piloted and his skill develops way faster … Read more
- Streaming On The Go: TV For Van LifeI have scoured the web looking for the best way to get live tv in our Sprinter Van. Unfortunately there are very few blogs out there that really answered my … Read more