If you enjoy traveling but are reluctant to do so because your work schedule, or fear of having kids with you, take a look below. These are curated stories about our travel with our kids. Choose your travel adventure below.
Prior to having kids, Jen and I would travel based on the activities we wanted to participate in. We have always been on the adventurous side and enjoy being outdoors. Jen loves being in the snow, and I have always loved the beach. There are a few locations that allow for us to enjoy both the mountains and the coast. You will find that Santa Cruz is one of our favorite destinations to visit for this exact reason.
The infamous minivan… one of the most painful things a man can buy. It is also one of the most functional things we own. We recently upgraded to the much larger Sprinter Van.
When it’s not snowing, mountain biking has always been another hobby for us. Physical activity combined with beautiful scenery always makes for a good time for everyone.
Of course surfing is another favorite travel destination. The majority of our trips usually end up with us on a beach somewhere.
As you read the travel stories, I hope inspiration finds you. Details of locations, accommodations, and other considerations are available within the body of the text. These stories should give you a rough outline to plan short trips that are both fun and educational. We are always looking for new places to check out. If questions arise, please feel free to reach out to us.
- VPN Security for IdiotsThe concept of cyber security should not be new to anyone reading this. There are numerous security measures thrown around in the media that carry the assumption of regular people … Read more
- Carpinteria State Beach CampingThe California Coast has some of the most picturesque and serene beaches in the country. Thankfully, there are a handful of campgrounds a short drive from the LA/OC area that … Read more
- Brian Head Utah: Bigger is not Always BetterSeason Comparisons At First Glance Brian Head at first glance doesn’t hold weight when put up against the other two larger world class resorts. However, after snowboarding at all three … Read more
- Mammoth MountainThe decision was spontaneous and poorly planned. Jen and I had been in Tahoe for 4 days when we decided to blow out of town after lunch on a Thursday. … Read more
- Tahoe WorksIf you have been married for any length of time, finding a way to dump the kids on someone and be alone together is an interesting feeling. The chaos that … Read more
- Unsolved Mysteries: Area 51The air was crisp and despite the freezing temperature it still somehow managed feel like it was burning my skin. I could hear the ice crunch beneath my boots as … Read more
- Finding The Christmas SpiritA few weeks ago I had surgery for a bleeding ulcer and horrible acid reflux. I had taken several weeks off work anticipating I would be in a rough position … Read more
- Drone LifeMy son and I have been playing with small drones for over a year now. He has shown an affinity for anything remote piloted and his skill develops way faster … Read more
- Streaming On The Go: TV For Van LifeI have scoured the web looking for the best way to get live tv in our Sprinter Van. Unfortunately there are very few blogs out there that really answered my … Read more